Thursday, February 14, 2008

9 weeks....

Baby Emma is due to arrive in 9 weeks. My-oh-my how time flies. Nothing is done yet for the baby. Her bedroom is a playroom, the bassinet is in storage at the Irminger house, clothes are still in a bucket. Lots of things to do. I kept thinking that I had many weeks left before Emma joins our family, but two months and one week are all that remain. And depending on her timing she could come slightly sooner.
I've decided that Elora is an appendage of mine. She's very attached to me. She and her daddy are spending more and more time together in preparation for the baby. She loves her daddy but she's stuck on her mom. This week the big step for her has been that I have not been rocking her to sleep but just sitting next to her on her bed patting her back until she falls asleep. She has also spent much of the week with Grandma.
Evelyn is Miss. Independent. She really enjoys playing by herself, or sitting on the couch by herself watching a movie. She's very focused and intent on whatever she is doing at the moment. Usually the only time she wants to snuggle with me is when I can't hold her. As we're driving down the road she will whine, "Mommy, I want You". She just hasn't grasped the concept that I can't drive and hold her at the same time.

No comments: